M.B.A. - Code of Behaviour
General Rules & Regulations for Code of Conduct of Students in the Institute/Department
- Monday, Wednesday & Friday will be observed as Dress code day.
- Wearing of Cap & Goggle is not allowed in premises of Institute. This is strictly prohibited.
It is prime & utmost responsibility of every student to cooperate & maintain the embellished culture of the institute.
Note: Those who will not follow the code of behaviour mentioned at1 & 2 above may face a warning for the first time, A penalty of Rs.100/- for IInd time, suspension from college on a repeated non compliance.
- Donít write anything on walls & wooden desk.
- Donít put any impression of your footprint on walls.
- Canteen is for your refreshment, maintain it neat & clean. Donít reshuffle the furniture of canteen
- Switch off fans & lights, computers, LCD & OHPs while leaving the Class rooms, Library, Lab.,other rooms & places.
- Donít spread litter and garbage anywhere in the in premises of Institute. Make the use of dustbin for waste.
- Students will flush the toilets after use.
- Attendance will be taken in the first 5 minutes of commencement of class. After that students are restricted to approach/ force the teacher for attendance.
- It is compulsory to attain 75% attendance in all the subjects to appear in university exams otherwise students may be detained from appearing in the university exams.
- Sessional exams will be conducted thrice in a semester. Appearance in all the sessional exams is compulsory. Students have to write their sessional exams for a minimum of two third time of the total stipulated time of sessional; exam of each subject
Note: A disciplinary action will be taken as per gravity of the situation/activity against the student(s) who will involve, indulge themselves in disobeyance of any of the above rules, misconduct, misbehaviour or any other activity which can affect the discipline, law and order or smooth running of the institute/department.
- Donít indulge in ragging, eve-teasing, smoking, drinking, bunking the classes, Roaming/Wandering around in college premises.
- Donít misbehave with faculty members, institutional staff, senior students or any of classmates.
- Maintain the culture of Instt. & Deptt. by addressing respectfully to institutional staff, seniors & classmates always by using sir/ madam.
- Donít torn-out and write anything (especially filthy language) on the books, magazines, newspapers in library. After the use, put the same in proper case provided
- Donít handle by yourself the technical flaws or any other problem of computers and other equipment lying in the lab & department. Always inform Lab Technician, Lab In-charge or concerned person for the same.
- Any kind of damage to institutional/ Departmental property will be considered as an offence and strict action will be taken against the culprits.
- Use of Mobile phone & playing music on the same in college premises especially in the department and during the classes is strictly prohibited.
- Students will maintain silence in classes.
- Students will not shout, stand unnecessarily in the verandas of the department
- Useless sitting in couples (specially a boy with girl) in college canteen, parks and other places is strictly prohibited.
- Students are not allowed to visit faculty room unnecessarily. Always take prior permission from faculty members in case of any necessary task.
- Notices related to institutional/ departmental activities, programme etc. will be displayed on boards from time to time. It is prime duty of every student to go through Notice Boards daily for seeking information for departmental activities.
- As per the need & demand of the situation, department can function for all the seven days a week. Generally working hours are 9 a.m to 5 p.m. But same may be extended. Students have to follow accordingly.
- Students will not make use of staircase situated near reception counter in Admin Block. They will use the stair case from engineering teaching Block-side.
- Students will not try to use any type of influence for enhancement of their internal marks. Anyone found doing so will face disciplinary action or/and penalization.
- Hostlers will go through the hostel rules & observe the same.
Problems & Grievance:
- In case of any Grievance, first of all teacher guardian will be contacted to address and resolve the same. If the class teacher is found himself/herself unable to solve the grievance, the matter can be transfer to the grievance committee of deptt. or HOD.
- In case of any problem related to class, leave, enquiry, discipline or any other matter, students will meet their concerned class teacher. No student is expected to approach/ disturb the senior management, HOD and other faculty members unless the matter is directly concerned to them.
Criteria for B.Tech. Internal Marks Assessment:
- 40% - Attendance
- 40% - Sessional Exam( Out of three, Best two will be considered)
- 20% - Class Performance
Criteria for MBA Internal Marks Assessment: (Total Internal Marks = 30)
Sessional = 10 Marks
(Department will conduct 3 sessional exams of 20 marks each during a particular semester. For internal assessment any two best performance will be considered and same will be converted on a scale of 10)
Activity performance class = 5 Marks
(2 marks will be granted for the attendances & 3 marks for performance in the activities)
Assignments & Presentation = 5 Marks
(Students will submit minimum 2 assignments & give 2 presentations in each subject. Marks will be granted on performance basis)
Class Attendance = 5 Marks
|Up to 40%
||66% - 75%
|41% - 55%
||75% - 85%
|56% - 65%
Surprise Test = 5 Marks
(Every faculty member of a concerned subject will take a surprise test containing 25 objective questions of 25 marks during the last tenure of the semester. The performance of the student in this test will be converted on a scale of 5)
- Non-compliance to the institutional/ departmental rules will lead to action and punishment.
- In a case, when anyone/ all of above rules & regulations will fall short to handle the situation, institute/ department will be free to modify, change or/and develop a set of new rules & regulations.